Sunday, May 21, 2017

Venice

Venice is a beautiful city, however it is super expensive!
Be ready to either walk, water taxi or the water shuttle. The water shuttle was the most congested thing and after the Vatican City, I couldn't deal with anymore people so I chose the water taxi.
I made it to Piazza San Marco after having issues getting my luggage to the holding area, the line was huge.

The line to get into the Doge's Palace was even longer than the line for the luggage. I decided to take a few photos outside of it then sit in one of the cafe's outside and enjoy myself. It had just rained so the Piazza was flooded.

Piazza San Marco

Piazza San Marco

The Water in Piazza San Marco

Piazza San Marco
Eating Apple Pie in San Marco Square

Next I took the hop on/hop off water bus to the island of Murano. This is where some of the most beautiful glass-blowing is. It was amazing and its beautiful the work that they do. It only cost 2 euro to watch the master do his work and I highly reccomend it. 

The master at work

I took the water bus back to next stop on the route and then took a gondola ride. I mean did you even go to Venice if you didn't do a gondola ride? It cost me 80 euros for literally 10 minutes. But it was totally worth it. 
Gondola ride

Godola ride

Some views from the gondola ride

some views of the gondola ride

Finally after the Gondola ride, I walked to find the Rialto Bridge. One side was under construction but I still got to see it, walk across it and take some photos of it. 

Rialto Bridge







No comments:

Post a Comment