Saturday, May 20, 2017

Barcelona

Let's talk Barcelona!!
Now I completely fell in LOVE with this place. Barcelona is completely different than Madrid, this could also be because it has an ocean thus peaking my interest more than Madrid did. But it wasn't just that. Park Guell stole my heart completely. I am not one for architecture and art. I can appreciate the dedication and talent that it takes to create something, but I don't feel anything when I look at it, like some do. But Park Guell made me feel something, it is stunningly beautiful and I could spend all day going through it as well as other Gaudi creations.









All of the photos above are at Park Guell, and I have close to 100 more. As you can see, its one of my favorite places.

Next is the Sagrada Familia. The church that is taking a million years to complete, and from the photos below you can see why! Now I didn't get to go inside, from what I hear compared to the Cathedral I went to in Toledo, it fails in comparison. But the outside was stunning. I would love to go back in 2018 when its supposed to be completed and see it.







As you can see, Sagrada Familia is beautifully decorated. 

We did a bike tour through some of old town and down to Parc de la Ciutadella. This is where the Barcelona Zoo is as well as a some really cool picture points! 


My new Elephant friend 

Finally to end off my Spain trip, I went to an FC Barcelona Futbol game! We had seats really high up, like nosebleed but still I went to a Futbol game where it is crazy popular! Funny story. 
They do not serve alcohol in any stadium in Europe (smart/dumb on their part), however none of the people I was with spoke Spanish. All of them (excluding me, I'm not a beer kind of girl), started double fisting beer. 
One girl said "I'm starting to feel it! I may be a little drunk!"
To which one of the guys next to us said, "They don't serve alcohol in the stadium at all. You are wasting your money on those drinks."
HAHAHHAHAHA ;) 




No comments:

Post a Comment