Thursday, May 18, 2017

Rhine River Valley

Day 4 of the trip started in  Frankfurt Germany!
I arrived there on the evening of day 3, and found out that Billy Joel was having a concert that night! obviously, I'm a horrible planner and did not do enough research!

On day 4, I woke up late since I had my first actual night in a hotel room, it was difficult for me to get out of bed. So I was a tad late getting started.
My tour of the day included a city bus tour of Frankfurt, where I saw literally nothing of value. Seriously. Nothing. I may have slept on the city bus.... it was warm and cozy and it was raining outside so all my photos sucked..... and ya I'm not upset about it.

Boarded my bus to the Rhine River - which included a ride on a boat going up the river and a wine tasting.

One of the wineries on the way to the Rhine River. 

Our tour guide decided to take a little detour on the way, and we stopped at Niederwald-denkmal. It is a monument to the German people after the Franco-Prussian War. It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site. 
Niederwald-denkmal

View of the Rhine from the Monument 

View of the Rhine from the Monument 


From there we rode a ski lift down the mountain into the town of Assmannshausen. It is absolutely a beautiful little town. I really enjoyed it and wish I could have spent more than a few hours there. 




Finally, we got on the boat and took our ride down the Rhine River to see all the castles. I would seriously recommend everyone to do this. I honestly wish that I would have spent more time in this region. 

Burg Rheinstein
Burg Reichenstein
Burg Sooner 
Burg Stahleck 
Burg Gutenfels 
R. Schonburg
St. Goarshausen


One last little story about my time in Frankfurt. I took the metro to the airport from my hotel (It was directly outside of my hotel). Of course, I had to connect to a different metro line and got a little turned around. Some random man called out "Madonna Madonna", and I looked around thinking that there was no way they were talking about me. But he was, and he led me straight to the airport entrance from the metro. 
There are some good people in the world and apparently, they think that I'm Madonna :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment