Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Oktoberfest and Neuschwanstein Castle

I didn't get into Munich until 1 pm on day 21 of my trip. I got to my hotel and walked the 2 blocks to Oktoberfest! I had a horrible head cold and only stayed out for a few hours before going back to bed. But I did get to take part in some of the festivities!






The entire reason I went to Munich was not for Oktoberfest, but for my castle! The Neuschwanstein castle, which I have renamed Grace's castle since I took it over.
The tour I took first stopped at the Linderhof Castle, which was the main castle the "crazy" king Ludwig lived in. It's designed to pay its respects to the King of France's palace Versailles (aka my first palace until I took over this castle).

Linderhof

Linderhof

Linderhof


Now for my main love. Neuschwanstein. I hiked up a hill to get to the main part of the castle. Then I was told if I went up above the castle I could get amazing photos, and boy were they right!

This is a photo from the above bridge called Marienbruke

We then waited for our tour inside of the castle. We weren't allowed to take photos inside, but I made a lot of decisions about what I will change in the place. First things being an elevator.



I did absolutely love this place and would give just about anything to be able to spend the night here for a night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment