Sunday, May 21, 2017

Cinque Terra

This is one of the most beautiful places in Italy! Cinque Terra means 5 lands in Italian and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The 5 villages are Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, and Monterosso. I visited Vernazza and Manarola while there for the afternoon. The 5 towns are only accessible via train or by hiking.
We stopped first at Vernazza and had a lunch by the ocean. It was the best pasta I've ever had in my entire life. Gnocchi Bolognese was superb.
Vernazza

Vernazza

Vernazza

Cave to the ocean in Vernazza

After my amazing lunch, we hopped on the train and headed to Manarola. This is the "crown jewel" of Cinque Terra or at least I believe it is. I got the best photo of my entire month long trip. I would spend an entire week long vacation here if I could. 

Manarola

Manarola

Manarola

Manarola 


No comments:

Post a Comment