Saturday, March 18, 2017

Stonehenge/London

Ok these are not my favorite places. I've been to London once in March of 2015 and then both London and Stonehenge in August 2015. Some people love them, I just think that Stonehenge is a bunch of rocks in the middle of a hayfield (I could do that), and the London that I had pictured in my head, just wasn't the London I saw.

Don't miss my Must See/Do at the Bottom!!! 


Stonehenge

Stonehenge is a little ways outside of London. I took the train here. I took the train that goes to Salisbury. From there literally walk outside of the train station, hang a left and there will be a big bus there that goes to Stonehenge for 15 pounds. 
So just ride the bus to the visitors center. Now the bus is a all inclusive trip that will take you to the Salisbury Cathedral (Where the Magna Carta is) and Old Sarum (a settlement thats really old), however to get into the sites is more money. Unless you book the all-inclusive which is 34 pounds. I stopped at the Salisbury Cathedral but the line was outrageously long and the Magna Carta didn't interest me all that much.
Now back to Stonehenge, the bus will take you to the Visitors Center. From there you have 2 options, hike it to the rocks, or take a bus. The line for the bus will take ages. So I walked. Through a cow field, where there were cows in it. 
Fun story: There was a cow that was about to cross my path, now coming from a cattle farming family, I wasn't concerned, times the cow was shuffling. I mean barely moving. So I paid it no mind and kept walking. A lady and her husband were headed my way on the path and started sprinting to pass in front of the cow. I'm serious an all out sprint. They stop at me and say, why aren't you freaking out? I say "She's just an old cow. She's barely moving." I resisted the urge to say Moooooving. It was hard.. 
Then the lady shrieks "OMG YOU HAVE RED ON WHY AREN'T YOU FREAKING OUT!!!" 
I then looked at her with what I'm sure was "You have to be the stupidest person on the planet" look and walked away.
Moral of the story: you can't fix stupid people.

Its about a mile of a walk to the rocks. When you get there, you may find people selling strawberries. Eat them. They are delicious. Also you just walked a mile, reward yourself! 

See the pretty rocks. Walk a mile back, or catch the bus. The line will be much shorter here. 


Now lets talk about LONDON.

Big Ben

Firstly. This is my friend Ben. But seriously, both times I've been to London I've gotten lost. Both times I've turned a corner and bam theres my boy to save me. He's beautiful and right beside the Westminister Abbey, Winston Churchill Statue and Parliament. 
A Telephone Booth
This is a must do. Everyone knows that. And they are disgusting inside. 

Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace

Buckingham Palace

Changing of the Guard is a wonderful show of British power. Ok well maybe its just a pretty show. But get there early to get a good spot!! 

Tower Bridge

Not to be confused with the London Bridge that is not falling down (at this moment). 
Tower Bridge
I think its absolutely beautiful and is right beside my favorite place in London.

Tower Of London

Where Anne Boleyn and Kitty Howard got their head's chopped off by their Husband

The Tower of London. I didn't get to see it my first time to London and it was the entire reason I went back a second time and I still didn't get to see all of it. It is huge and has multiple different areas to capture the history and the changes that it went through. From a castle, to prison, to zoo, is a wonderful place to spend an afternoon. (Hey that rhymed).



Must See/Do List

  1. Tower of London
  2. Big Ben/Westminister Abbey/Parliament/Winston Churchill Statue
  3. Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
  4. St Pauls Cathedral/Wibbly Wobbly Bridge (Harry Potter)/Globe Theatre
  5. Platform 9 3/4 (Harry Potter)
  6. Trafalgar Square
  7. Picadilly Circus
  8. Churchill War Rooms
  9. London Eye
  10. Sherlock Holmes Museum 







No comments:

Post a Comment