Thursday, March 16, 2017

Brussels

I hate Brussels. To be fair, there were political rallies going on while I was there. So maybe its an amazing place and I just got a bad day. I only spent an afternoon there on the way from Amsterdam to Paris. Here are my thoughts!

Don't miss the Must See/Do at the Bottom! 


Atonium 

We first stopped at the Atonium, which is right outside of Brussels and was built for the World's Fair! It is huge and the photo does not do it justice. The "atoms" are actually classrooms, a cafe, and meeting rooms. 
Then on to Brussels city center. 

Old Palace Square 

Old Palace Square

Old Palace Square is exactly what it is. The square by the old palace. Its stunningly beautiful and the site of the flower carpet every year! 
Next stop was Manneken Pis. say that out loud. what do you think? If you said a statue of a little boy peeing you are right!! 
Manneken Pis
This is a real thing and its about a block or so away from old palace square. There are multiple multiple legends about what this statue is about, however the one most people agree on is that a 2-year old lord was hanging in a tree while his troops fought a battle. He peed on the opposing forces and his troops won. 

Lastly and probably the most important. Belgium Waffles. really did you think that I was going to go to Belgium and NOT eat a waffle? Yall don't know me. 


TO DIE FOR. These were absolutely delicious. I will not confirm nor deny that I ate 2 of them. I'll just say no syrup is needed for these babies. Eat them with powdered sugar or chocolate. 


MUST SEE/DO

  1. Old Palace Square
  2. Belgium Waffles and chocolates 
  3. Manneken Pis
  4. Atonium 


No comments:

Post a Comment