Thursday, March 16, 2017

PARIS

Ok, I loved Paris. It was everything that I have ever read about or saw in movies. It was just as romantic and perfect as my dreams. I wish I would have seen Sacre Coeur, but I just couldn't make it. This post is going to be a longer one because I finally hit my stride and did all the things!!

Check out my must SEE/DO at the bottom!! 




Lets first talk about my favorite Sir Eiffel. ok maybe I'm the only one that calls him sir. but seriously, isn't he stunning. And to think those Frenchies almost took him down after the Worlds Fair! Thank goodness they didn't so now he is here to make me swoon :)  
You gotta see him. This is a must do, should probably do first, middle and last during your trip. I would suggest getting some macaroons from Laduree and eating them underneath him. I had my first macaroon experience like that, and its a memory I will never forget. 

Versailles 

I'll have you know that this is one of my castles. OBSESSED is not a strong enough word for how I feel about this place. After I saw my sir eiffel from afar, I went here. This place, the gardens alone would take an entire day to do them justice. I didn't actually get to see much of them due to the tour times. I took a guided tour through this place with a tour guide that majored in Art History. This is a must. I don't know how you would manage to find one, but you have to. I've said once before that I'm not an art person. This guy made it to where I enjoyed the art. I understood it, and why King Louis XIV chose those pieces. 
Hall of Mirrors
Versailles

I only scratched the surface with this place and would love to go back and do an extensive tour of the entire grounds and buildings. 

Mona Lisa

Venus de Milo

Where can you find these two? The Louve of course. Art lovers can spend days upon days in here and never see it all. Their collection is unparrallel and amazing to see. 

Moulin Rouge

Unfortunately for me, there was no time to catch a show, but don't I wish I could have! 


Arc de Triumphe 

Take a walk down the Champs de Elysees and shop a bit before seeing this beauty! Don't go out into traffic there are several tunnels that will lead you to it! Go to the top and see the city views, however if you went to the top of my sir Eiffel, there really is no point. Grab a crepe at one of the many many carts by the Arc and devour it. 

Love Lock Bridge
So everyone wants to do the love lock bridge when in Paris. But fun fact, the original is gone, and now there are several different areas around the city that you can lock your lock and throw away the key on. 


Notre Dame

Notre Dame

I saved the best for last! Notre Dame Cathedral. Whether you are religious or not, you have to pay your respects here. It is wonderfully built and beautiful. With an advanced ticket, I believe you can go to the top and be Quaismodo (my dream when I went there but sadly did not occur). 


Must SEE/DO

  1. Sir Eiffel 
  2. Versailles 
  3. Notre Dame
  4. Sacre Coeur
  5. Arc de Triumphe/Champs de Elysees
  6. Louve
  7. Moulin Rouge
  8. Love Lock Bridge








No comments:

Post a Comment