Sunday, December 3, 2017

Kentucky

I have been all throughout Kentucky, but normally I was visiting my good friend and running races! I didn't take near the amount of photos that I should have, but don't worry, I'll fix that soon enough!

Louisville

Mainly 2 big things you must see. 

Louisville Slugger Museum - where all the bats for the Major Leaguers are made! Costs $14 dollars to get in, but you get a little bat as a keepsake! A must see!! 



Babe Ruth's Bat! 

A League of Their Own




Churchill Downs - where the Kentucky Derby is held each year! The Kentucky Derby is a week-long festival, where the actual race is the last day! The weekend prior to the race (the race is normally the first weekend of May) there is the Marathon and Half-marathon where you get to run actually inside on the green in the middle. 
Make sure you wear the biggest hat you own if you plan on taking in the fun during the Derby! 

Running the Half Marathon in the rain!

Food around Louisville
-One of my favorite pizza places is called Bonnie and Clyde's outside of the city! 
-Tom and Chee in Bardstown is famous for its grilled cheese sandwiches is spectacular. Try the s'more grilled donut and thank me later~ 
-Backdoor has amazing wings! 
-Highland Morning has key lime pancakes and apple pie pancakes and they are just as delicious as you would expect them to be! 


Lexington

I've really only been here once for the Run the Bluegrass Half Marathon, but I would be remiss if I didn't include it in this post! 
The entire country is Horse country, and is well worth the drive to see the country side littered with horses! 

Keeneland is another horse track in Lexington. If you drive the area around it, there are all kinds of horse farms (that's where we started and ended the race, so I know!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment