Saturday, December 30, 2017

Louisiana

Home of amazing Cajun food and some of the nicest people I've ever met! I've only been to New Orleans for a half marathon but I really want to see Baton Rouge and Shreveport!


New Orleans
Home of Mardi Gras, Bourbon Street and nicknamed the "Big Easy", you can easily see how it got it's name. An amazing blend of French, African and American cultures makes this city a must see for an traveler.

Jackson Square - is a National Historical Landmark since it was the place where the Louisiana Purchase was made. It is one of the most photographed places in the world and it's easy to see why. It is called Jackson Square for Andrew Jackson, when he won the 1815 Battle of New Orleans in the war of 1812 with the British. All around the square is adorable shops to stroll through. When I was there the entire outside of the park had artists showing off their work.
Cafe du Monde - is right on the corner off of Jackson Square and is world famous for their beignets.
Saint Louis Cathedral with Andrew Jackson Statue in front


Bourbon Street - I'm going to be honest here, I barely remember Bourbon street. I left my dignity and all of my stomach contents here. There is a 5-6 bars at least on every block and I only remember 2 (I'm a light weight). Be prepared here, since there are A) a lot of drunks B) it smells (with good reason) and C) pickpockets. 
One thing I will say is to get your taro cards read. I'm not exactly a believer, however the guy who did mine was exactly on the money with everything. He said I would go back to school (I'm almost done with my MBA now), I would find the man I was going to marry within 6 months (it was 3 months and I found him), and I would own a farm with chickens (I do now). 

Bourbon Street


Airboat/Alligator Tour - This was probably the highlight of my trip. I used Airboat Adventures in Lafitte and it was amazing. My guide was named T-Earl (I was a little in love with him. It was the accent.) He was extremely professional fun and knowledgable even if he wouldn't let me drive the boat. I highly recommend them! And you can even hold a baby alligator!! 
The Boat

They bring Alligators right to the boat with marshmellows

The beautiful bayou

Holding the baby alligator! 

Food

We ate at Huck Finn's. I had the jambalya and it was fabulous! 



That is all I have right now! Any questions let me know!
graceparsons2023@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment