Saturday, September 30, 2017

Washington State

Ok, let's talk about Washington State! You know the other Washington on the west coast! I made it to Seattle in June of 2016 to run a half marathon. I got sick on the plane on the way there, so I didn't get to see and do as much as I normally do, so I obviously have to go back! And times, I still have national parks and stamps to get! Also, this is one of Jason's favorite cities, so I don't have to twist his arm too much.

Seattle
The town of ferry boats, coffee, and the space needle. Oh and Grey's Anatomy (Tried to find Jackson Avery but to no avail).
Firstly, walk around this town. There are so many amazing and wonderful things to see. During our walk, we saw some art, some beautiful decor and adorable shops that I forced Jason into.

The hammer moves 

Totem Pole

Space Needle
The icon of Seattle and the most recognized building as well. I didn't get to go to the top when I was there, so it's number 1 on my list of things to do when I go back. They have an observation deck and a restaurant on the top :) 

Space Needle from the start line of my half

There is also the Museum of Pop Culture right by the Space Needle, which was inspired by Jimi Hendrix. 


Pike Place Market 

The farmer's market of Seattle since the 1900's! Make sure you carve out at least a half of a day for just this place! Also, make sure you get a map and don't just assume your Fiance knows where he is going..... because you will get lost. 
This place has so so many things to explore. From seafood shops, crafts, collectibles, unique foods and of course the farmers market. It is definitely worth your time! 




Original Starbucks
Who loves their coffee? (Not me). But if you are a coffee fanatic like most are these days, you would be remiss if you didn't hop into the original Starbucks. It is right by Pike Place Market so you have to while you are exploring! It opened in the 1970's and hasn't stopped since. The lines may be long (they were around the block on the day I was there), but for some that delicious brew is totally worth it. 
Starbucks

The Gum Wall
The most disgustingly awesome thing I think I have ever seen. The gum wall, right by Pike Place Market down Post Alley is where people will deposit their gently chewed gum onto a wall. Some creative people spell out names or draw symbols and shapes. I was just happy (?) enough to put my gum on the wall and walk on! 
The gum wall alley

The gum wall! 



Snoqualmie Falls
About an hour east of Seattle is this beautiful 270-foot waterfall! We made a stop there on our way to Mount Rainier! The falls have a lodge, observation deck, and gift shop :) I would definitely make a stop to see this! :) 
Snoqualmie Falls

Mount Rainier 

Mount Rainier is one of the world's most deadly volcanoes due to the glacier formations on it. So, of course, I had to see it! Mount Rainier stands at over 14,000 feet and Washington is known for its cloudy and dreary weather so not a lot of people get to see its summit. We didn't on the day we were there. As a National Park, there are all kinds of hiking that can be done. Just make sure if you plan to overnight hike, you obtain a permit from the rangers. 



That is all I have for Washington State for now!!!
If you have any questions or comments let me know!! graceparsons2023@gmail.com
happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment