Wednesday, March 28, 2018

South Carolina

Let me say this. I know more about South Carolina than any other state, except my own of course. This is because I spent the majority of my childhood vacations at West Virginia's beach aka Myrtle Beach.
I do not have a lot of photos of the Myrtle Beach area for this reason. The ones I do are actually a friend! So a big Shout Out to Amy Conrad for the photos!


Myrtle Beach

Myrtle Beach is a tourists dream! Not only is the beach pretty awesome, but there is also so many places to eat and things to do.

Firstly, the putt-putt golf is amazing. If you are like my family, and super competitive, don't worry you could probably play 3 games at different courses every night and still have left over places.

The "Strip" as most know it, is the main avenue in town. It's Ocean Blvd and is where the Myrtle Beach Skywheel, Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Myrtle Beach Zipline Adventure and Mount Atlanticus Mini-Golf.


Broadway on the Beach 
If you need a little nightlife and shopping then this is one of your go-to places! It is 350 acres of shops, cinema, putt-putt, and restaurants. Make sure to put this on your list, you never know what you may find there! Don't forget about the Ripley's Aquarium too!!
Broadway at the Beach

Aquarium

Barefoot Landing
If you want something similar to Broadway but with less people, then this is your place! Same type of set up with shopping and restaurants. Some not to miss things here is the T.I.G.E.R.S. preservation station, where you can play and get photos with baby tigers! 
Also beside of Barefoot Landing is the House of Blues, Alabama Theatre and Alligator Adventure! 
Alligator Adventure is world's largest reptile home! 

Alligator Adventure

Carolina Opry
By far the best show in Myrtle Beach! Not only does it put on a great show, but it also has artists that come play as well as magicians and various artists. A MUST SEE while in town! 




Food: 
Y'all know that I love me some food. And while I have ate at SOO many places in Myrtle Beach I'm gonna tell you my absolute favorites and then the rest you can find out for yourself.

Carolina Roadhouse - get there early, get a reservation and prepare to be so stuffed that it hurts.
Dino's Pancake House - man this is some amazing food!! 
Nakato Japanese Steakhouse in North Myrtle Beach - this has to be included because this is the place that started my love of Japanese steakhouses 




Charleston
Now I've been here twice. Once for a family vacation at Folly Beach and another to run the Charleston Half Marathon. Downtown is absolutely beautiful and I wish I had spent more time here. One thing I will say is take a horse and buggy ride through the city. There are A MILLION of them around and they can and will give you the best view and are super informative.

Must See's

The Calhoun Mansion - beautiful mansion right on the river that is now open for tours!

Rainbow Row - The colorful houses that you can't miss!!! They are the pastel colored Georgian style houses that date back to 1745!

Old Slave Market - This building is a museum about the slave trade in Charleston


Historic Charleston City Market - 4 blocks of an open air market with lots of food and crafts! Including the famous sweet grass baskets!

Fort Sumter - The ruins of the Fort where the civil war started!

Boone Hall Plantation - This working plantation that was built in 1681! Known for its long road of mossy trees called the Avenue of the Oaks. It is also the house Allie lived in during that summer romance in The Notebook.
It offers tours and a farmers market in the summer months! Be sure to check this out!
Boone Hall Plantation




Folly Beach - only 9 miles from downtown Charleston, but a thousand miles away it feels like. It is a beautiful beach full of house for rent in the summer months. The pier is a great place for fishing!
Lighthouse off Folly Beach


That is all I have for South Carolina!!

Any questions let me know!

graceparsons2023@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment