Sunday, July 16, 2017

Montana

Montana

So as much as I hate to admit it, I loved Montana. The only reason I hate admitting it is because Jason loves it so much and really wants me to move there and that's never gonna happen!
Again I haven't done everything in this state, but I did what I think is the most important and highly visited places in Montana.


Just a few things before we get into Glacier. Mainly because I know Glacier is what you want to hear about so I'm gonna either force you to read the rest of my thoughts before getting into it, or you just have to scroll down a bit to get to it.


Gardiner
Yellowstone is actually in a little part of Montana. The North Gate is actually in a town called Gardiner. Before we went horseback riding, we went to breakfast at this little place called Rosie's Bistro, which had a cute little French feel, with zero French food. But man was it pretty good breakfast.
From here we went to the Flying Pig Adventures. They offer rafting trips as well as horseback riding trips. Now in hindsight, people who do not ride horses should NOT DO all day long horseback riding adventures. Seriously. My booty is telling you to think about this before you book it. We were in the saddle for 6 hours and after 3, I was in near tears because I was hurting so bad. The ranch that we used were Hell's A Rollin'. Our guide was amazing and I would totally recommend them. We rode up through their property, through a National Forrest into Yellowstone. We took a break for lunch in a corner of Yellowstone by a ranger station.  Because of this, we can now officially say that we are the 1% of people that go off the beaten path in Yellowstone.

Bozeman 
We stopped in Bozeman for the night so Jason could go on an all day fishing expedition the next day. There are 2 things to do there, the Museum of the Rockies, that costs around $15 to get into and I'm not a fan of museums. So we went to Grizzly Experience that was $7. However, it was actually really sad. The 2 bears that were out looked miserable. For dinner, we did hit up Montana Ale Works, which was fabulous and I highly recommend it.

Helena
I was NOT a fan of Helena, maybe because we went to 3 different places looking for the white Mexican cheese dip and there was NONE TO BE FOUND!! what kind of town does not have the wonderfulness that is queso? Helena get it together!! We did drive through town and see the Last Chance Gulch Road, where the big gold rush started.

Glacier




Really this is what you are wanting to know about. How AMAZING Glacier is. It's literally the most beautiful place and I seriously think that everyone should go.
First things first. It is extremely difficult to get there. As you can see from the map above there is only one road that goes through the park and there is a road that runs along the bottom and the side of the park. The road that runs along beside of it goes through the Blackfeet Indian Reservation so just be prepared.
And as will the Wyoming Blog post, DO NOT PLAY OR GO NEAR THE WILDLIFE!! be prepared for colder conditions, pack appropriately and do research before hiking or anything. Just be safe, your life isn't worth you being dumb.
Finally believe it or not, there are several places for food around Glacier. I was pleasantly surprised about this. We ate at the motor inn restaurant in Many Glacier and it was so so so good. There are places to eat at almost all of the roads that turn into Glacier from the highway.
Now make sure that you check the road conditions before heading that way because sometimes the amazing Going-To-The-Sun road, is closed and that is what happened to us. We made it 15 miles into the road and had to turn around due to an Avalanche.
The Going-To-The-Sun road is the end all, be all part of Glacier. There are these vintage 1930's red buses that will take you on a tour of the road (if its open) and I BEGGED Jason to let me have one and he refuses. Just Google red bus tours in Glacier National Park and I'm sure you will find it.

Glacier 

Glacier



The one place that is an absolute must go is Many Glacier. It's absolutely beautiful and worth going to. Right off the road before you get to the hotel is a little spot to pull off. DO IT because this is the what you will get to see.




There aren't many places you can go wrong in Glacier. We only got to spend a limited time here and we cannot wait to go back! 

Any questions Let me know!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment